A curated list of awesome Swift frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-php.
- Awesome Swift
- Other Awesome Lists
- FlourishUI – Framework for modals, color exensions and buttons.
- SwiftColors – HEX color handling as an extension for UIColor.
- FontAwesome.swift – Use FontAwesome in your Swift projects.
- SwiftOverlays – GUI library for displaying various popups and notifications.
- SwiftyJSON – The better way to deal with JSON data in Swift.
- json-swift – A basic library for working with JSON in Swift.
- Argo – JSON parsing library for Swift, inspired by Aeson.
- ObjectMapper – JSON Object mapping written in Swift.
- SWXMLHash – Simple XML parsing in Swift.
- Alamofire-SwiftyJSON – Alamofire extension for serialize NSData to SwiftyJSON.
- Starscream – WebSockets Library
Databases implemented in Swift.
- Realm – A mobile database that runs directly inside phones, tablets or wearables.
- SQLite.swift – A pure Swift framework wrapping SQLite3. Small. Simple. Safe.
- SwiftData – A simple and effective wrapper around the SQLite3 C API written completely in Swift.
- Squeal – A Swift wrapper for SQLite databases.
- SQLiteDB – Basic SQLite wrapper for Swift.
Libraries for testing codebases and generating test data.
- Quick – A behavior-driven development test framework for Swift and Objective-C.
- Sleipnir – A BDD-style framework for Swift.
- Nimble – A Matcher Framework for Swift.
Libraries for generating documentation files.
- jazzy – A soulful way to generate docs for Swift & Objective-C
Libraries for one-to-many communications.
- EmitterKit – An elegant event framework built in Swift
- Swift-Custom-Events – A very simple way to implement Backbone.js style custom event listeners and triggering in Swift for iOS development.
Libraries for working with event and task queues.
- TaskQueue – A Task Queue Class developed in Swift.
- Dispatcher – Queues, timers, and task groups in Swift
Swift libraries and wrappers for HTTP clients.
- Alamofire – an HTTP networking library written in Swift.
- SwiftHTTP – Thin wrapper around NSURLSession in swift. Simplifies HTTP requests.
- Net – HttpRequest wrapper written in Swift.
- OAuthSwift – Swift based OAuth library for iOS
- Moya – Network abstraction layer written in Swift
Libraries for caching.
- HanekeSwift – A lightweight generic cache for iOS written in Swift with extra love for images.
Libraries for generating secure random numbers, encrypting data and scanning for vulnerabilities.
- CryptoSwift – Crypto related functions and helpers for Swift implemented in Swift programming language.
- SHA256-Swift – Swift framework wrapping CommonCrypto’s SHA256 methods.
- SwiftSSL – An Elegant crypto toolkit in Swift.
Libraries for generating and working with log files.
- XCGLogger – A debug log framework for use in Swift projects.
- Swell – A logging utility for Swift and Objective C.
Libraries for accessing third party APIs.
- GooglePlacesAutocomplete – Simple Google Places address entry for iOS.
- Swifter – A Twitter framework for iOS & OS X written in Swift
- SwiftIB – An InteractiveBrokers API Library for OS X written in Swift. InteractiveBrokers is one of a few, if not the best, brokerage company provide Gateway+API solution for traders.
- swiftz – A Swift library for functional programming.
- Observable-Swift – Value Observing and Events for Swift.
- PromiseKit – A delightful Promises implementation for iOS.
- Promissum – Promise library with functional combinators like
- Promise – Simple promises library in Swift.
- SwiftTask – Promise + progress + pause + cancel, using SwiftState (state machine).
- Pythonic.swift – Pythonic tool-belt for Swift – a Swift implementation of selected parts of Python standard library.
- SWRoute – A tiny Swift wrapper. Allows you to route (hook) quite any function/method with another function/method or even a closure.
- Euler – Swift Custom Operators for Mathematical Notation.
- swix – Swift Matrix and Machine Learning Library.
- Easy-Cal-Swift – Overload +-*/ operator for Swift, make it easier to use (and not so strict).
- AlecrimCoreData – A simple Core Data wrapper library written in Swift.
- Async – Syntactic sugar in Swift for asynchronous dispatches in Grand Central Dispatch.
- SwiftState – Elegant state machine for Swift.
- LlamaKit – Collection of must-have functional Swift tools.
- ReactKit – Swift Reactive Programming.
- Basis – A number of foundational functions, types, and typeclasses.
- CAAnimation + Closure – Add start / completion closures for CAAnimation instances
- SwiftyUserDefaults — a cleaner, swiftier API for NSUserDefaults
- acli – commandline tool to download curated libraries from github (very beta)
- R.swift – tool to get strong typed, autocompleted resources like images and segues in your Swift project
Various resources, such as books, websites and articles, for improving your Swift development skills and knowledge.
- Official website – A home page of Swift programming language.
- Official blog – Official Swift Blog.
- Jameson Quave’s blog – Tips for everyday work with Swift.
- Swift Collection on Medium – Collection of blog posts about Swift on Medium.
- Swift Collection on raywenderlich.com – Collection of blog posts about Swift on raywenderlich.
- SwiftInFlux – An attempt to gather all that is in flux in Swift.
- We ❤ Swift – Tutorials and guides.
- Natasha The Robot – Nice blog about Swift by Natasha The Robot.
- LearnSwift.tips – A curated list of helpful resources to learn Swift. Tutorials, Code Samples, References.
- The Swift Programming Language
- Using Swift with Cocoa and Objective-C
- Swift Standard Library Reference
- Learn to Program iOS and OS X with Apple Swift
- TheSwiftLanguage youtube channel – Videos about the Swift programming language by Apple.
- Brian Advent youtube channel – High quality Swift tutorials.
- SkipCasts youtube channel – Skip Wilson’s casts on Swift.
- Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift – Stanford course by Paul Hegarty.
- Learn-swift playground – Learn Swift interactively through these playgrounds.
- Design-Patterns-In-Swift – Design Patterns implemented in Swift.